Why is wheel alignment so important?
Wheel alignment effects whether your wheels are pointing in the right direction. However, their effects are not as simple as just driving in a straight line. The correct wheel alignment will improve your vehicles handling.
Other advantages of correct alignment include:
- Improved vehicle performance (providing tyre pressure is correct)
- Extended tyre life
- Can improve fuel efficiency
- Safe and predictable vehicle control
- Less strain and wear on your vehicle
Do I need my wheel alignment checked?
It’s important to know your car wheel alignment can be knocked out simply by hitting a pot hole in the road. There are other signs that you may notice too such as; Does your vehicle pull to one side? Is one of your tyres wearing faster than another? Is your car’s handling and ride comfort not what it once was?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, you should take advantage of a free wheel alignment check.
It is recommend to check your wheel alignment and balance every 6,000 miles, but experts advise a check if you notice any of the following:
- Your vehicle doesn’t hold the road well or feels unstable
- Your tyres are wearing unevenly or abnormally on one side or in one particular area
- You’re experiencing steering problems including pulling to one side, difficulty turning the steering wheel or the steering wheel isn’t straight when driving
- You’ve hit something hard like a kerb, pothole or road hazard
- Your tyres screech when turning
Trained technicians at our branches can easily check your wheel alignment using state-of-the-art Supertracker laser alignment technology. In most cases this can be done while you wait too.
For a free, no obligation, wheel alignment check pop into your local Wilco Motosave. Read more about Tyre Care here.