We’ve all experienced days when the rain is coming down hard, your wiper blades are going at double speed and your face is squished up against the window in the hope of seeing a bit more of the road. Poor visibility has been linked to a significant number of car accidents which is why good wiper blades are vital when you are driving, particularly in colder seasons when our changeable British weather is more adverse.
Maintain good visibility
You should check your wipers every 6 months for these common problems:
- Streaky residue being left in a typical arch shape – could be caused by a dry wiper blade, old pollen, or left over tree sap that has collected from previous months. Using a proper screenwash rather than relying on plain water may also help
- Cracks and splits caused by the sun’s rays is a common giveaway of needing a replacement wiper blade
- Heavily-worn rubber edges that have lost their shape after extensive use will not be as effective at wiping water away from the glass
- Jumping blades leaving vertical lines on your windshield after use and impairing your vision
- Buckled wiper blades from knocks and other forms of damage, resulting in poor contact with the glass and the possibility of windscreen marks
If you have one or more of those symptoms it may be time to consider replacing the wiper blade.
At Wilco Motosave we stock the affordable Valeo range of wiper blades for all makes and models of vehicle.
Not sure which wiper blades you need for your vehicle?
There are masses to choose from and we’d be happy to help! Ask us for help via Live Chat or contact your local branch. We can fit them for you for a small additional fee, or feel free to fit them yourself. Please see our in store page for more details on fitting services.
Why choose Valeo wiper blades?
- Valeo are an industry-leading specialist that provides automotive parts to major brands worldwide
- They are easy to install without the need for an adapter
- Valeo wiper blades deliver fantastic visibility in all weather conditions, from calm sunny days to extreme snow or rain
- Long lasting and durable performance – a key reason why we have decided to stock this range
- Tec 3 rubber technology provides smoother and quieter wiping for a more relaxed drive and improved blade-to-windshield contact at high speeds
- No metal superstructure to collect snow or ice gives you excellent visibility in adverse weather conditions